Charlotte Injury Lawyer Matt Arnold answers the question: “How much does your firm charge to represent me in a personal injury case?”
Hiring an attorney is not a one-size-fits-all situation. If you are considering filing a personal injury suit, hiring the right attorney is a crucial step that could make or break your case. You need an attorney you can trust and feel comfortable coming to with questions and concerns that arise during the lawsuit. The attorney you hire will ask you many questions regarding the circumstances that brought you to file suit. As important as it is for the attorney to obtain information from you, you also need to interview a potential attorney to find out if the or she is the right fit for you.
- What is your experience? While no two cases are the same, experience in similar, or even difference cases, is important. Having an attorney with experience is beneficial because the attorney will know what to expect. No one can predict what will happen during a lawsuit, but an experienced attorney can anticipate certain results or react quickly to any surprises.
- Do you often take cases to trial? Personal injury suits often settle before they go to trial. However, there is no guarantee of a settlement before trial, so you need to be sure that your attorney is ready and able to see your case through to trial.
- How busy is your practice? It is a well-known fact that attorneys take on more than one case at once. However, you want to know that your attorney will have the time needed to work thoroughly on your case. In addition to asking the attorney’s availability and overall business, it can be helpful to ask about support staff or even other attorneys. Attorneys within one firm could share cases and consult with one another. You also want to know if there will be paralegals or law clerks working on your case.
- Am I able to easily contact you? A case can dramatically change within a matter of moments. Surprises happen. Therefore, you want to know that you can quickly get in contact with your attorney, or at least get a message to the office if your attorney is unavailable by phone. Going through a lawsuit is difficult. You want to be sure that you will be informed of what is happening and able to communicate effectively with your attorney.
- What is your fee? Personal injury suits usually do not require any payment by the client throughout the case. Instead, the attorney and client will enter into a contingency fee The attorney will take a portion of the settlement or judgment at the conclusion of the case.
The personal injury attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC are ready to answer your questions. We know that choosing a lawyer can be difficult and we want to make that process as easy as possible for you. Do not be afraid to ask us any question. Our attorneys are dedicated to our clients and work diligently on your case. Now taking cases throughout the Charlotte region with offices in Uptown Charlotte, Mooresville and the new location under renovation in Monroe. Contact us Arnold & Smith, PLLC for a free consultation, call at 704-370-2828 or click here for additional resources.
The skilled personal injury attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC are dedicated to maximizing the financial recovery and obtaining justice for every personal injury client injured by another party’s negligence. The issues our personal injury clients may be facing include, but are not limited to, slip and fall injuries, wrongful death, product liability, catastrophic injuries, dog bite claims, car and truck accident injuries, motorcycle injuries, traumatic brain injury (TBI), nursing home negligence, spinal cord injury, boating accidents, and defective medical device injury. Our personal injury attorneys understand the devastating impact such an injury can have on a person’s life, and that the effects so often go beyond physical pain and suffering. The personal injury attorneys at Arnold & Smith, PLLC are dedicated to helping clients determine the strength of their claims, and to aggressively pursuing the means necessary to achieve the best possible end result for each client’s particular situation.
See Our Related Video from our YouTube channel:
See Our Related Blog Posts: